Highly Capable students perform or show potential for performing at significantly advanced academic levels when compared with others of their age, experiences, or environments. Outstanding abilities are seen within students' general intellectual aptitudes, specific academic abilities, and/or creative productivities within a specific domain. Students who are highly capable may possess these learning characteristics:
· Capacity to learn with unusual depth of understanding, to retain what has been learned, and to transfer learning to new situations;
· Capacity and willingness to deal with increasing levels of abstraction and complexity earlier than their peers;
· Creative ability to make unusual connections among ideas and concepts:
· Ability to learn quickly in their area(s) of intellectual strength;
· Capacity for intense concentration and/or focus.
Identification: Referral Timeline
Bridgeport School District is committed to identifying and providing for the unique educational needs of all students. Beginning October 1, 2023 through October 31, 2023 the District will solicit nominations for the Highly Capable Program. Students may be referred by parents, family, school staff, and community members. Students nominated through this process will be considered for enrollment in the district's highly capable program based upon screening and assessment criteria, with the consent of their parent/guardian.
Nomination forms may be obtained from the district office or the Bridgeport School District website at www.bsd75.org.
Please return completed forms to the district office (1400 Tacoma Ave. PO Box 1060, Bridgeport, WA 98813) by October 31, 2023.
Highly Capable Program Coordinator: Raelynn Dezellem (firstname.lastname@example.org)